You must read EVERY NIGHT.
During your reading complete 5 activities from the list below-
- Write 2 days of diary entries for one of the characters.
- Stories are made up of conflicts and solutions. Choose three conflicts that take place in the story and give the solutions.
- Make a “wanted” poster for one of the characters or objects in your book. Include a drawing or cut out picture of the character or object, a physical description of the character or object, the character’s or object’s misdeeds, other information about the character or object which is important, the reward offered for the capture of the character or object.
- Make a Venn diagram of similarities and differences between two characters in the book.
- Make an illustrated timeline showing events of the story. Include a 2‐3 sentence explanation.
- Draw or paint a picture of an important scene or chapter using two or more of the following media: paint, crayons, chalk, paper, ink, real materials – attach a two‐sentence descriptor.
- Create a mini‐comic book relating a chapter of the book.
- Write two original poems that relate to your book.
- Record a commercial advertising the book.
- Write and perform a song that tells the story of the book.
- Choose three passages in the book and select a piece of music that represents the mood of each passage. Write two sentences explaining how each piece of music relates to the scene.
- Find two songs or poems that relate to the theme of your book. Write two sentences explaining how the songs relate to the theme.
- Make a Venn diagram showing the ways you are like/unlike one of the characters in your story. Include 5 ideas in each section of the Venn diagram.
- Complete each of these eight ideas: This book made me wish that…, realise that…, decide that…, wonder about…, see that…, believe that …, feel that…, and hope that…
Create three writing pieces based on each of the prompts below-